How to Boost Productivity with Barcodes and QR Codes
In a world that is becoming increasingly digitalized, using barcodes and QR codes in inventory management is imperative for a long-lasting business. Our Warehouse Inventory System adds information onto Barcodes and QR codes on top of the unique identifier you assign to a warehouse inventory item. With this feature, you can load a large amount of relevant information onto one QR code and print it out through our system. Our Barcode Warehouse Inventory System lets you or anyone on your team instantly access information attached to the barcode or QR code and continue their tasks.
Why Use Our Warehouse Management System (WMS) Barcode and QR Code Generator?
Which Suits your Needs?
Let us guide you on which type of label works best for your warehouse inventory items. Here are essential information about each
- More secure: Only people with access to our system can view the information.
- Less Information: Our standard barcodes can only hold up to 48 characters.
- Lower Damage Resistance: Compared to QR codes, barcodes stop working very quickly when damaged.
- Less Combinations: Because our standard barcodes are only 1D they have far fewer combinations.
- Dynamic: Because barcodes link essentially link to a database, they automatically update information in the database changes.
- Less Accessible: Only dedicated scanners or smart devices with specialized applications can read barcodes
- Less Secure: Anyone with a smart device can view the information.
- More Information: QR codes can hold up to around 7000 characters.
- Higher Damage Resistance: QR codes can work past a higher threshold of damage.
- More Combinations: By virtue of being 2D rather than 1D, there are far more QR code combinations.
- Static: Because the information is simply put into a QR code, it has to be manually updated if anything changes.
- More Accessible: Any smart device with a camera can read a QR code.
How to Generate Barcodes and QR Codes in Our WMS
You or your designated employee can access the WMS Generate Barcodes and QR Codes feature from the Reports section in the side menu. From here, all it takes is selecting the particular warehouse inventory item that requires a label and generate it.
Our software differs from others in that you or your designated employee have the ability to adjust the barcode or QR code to your liking. With the QR code, you can even edit the shapes to produce a truly one-of-a-kind label for your warehouse items!
See how Our Warehouse Inventory Management can work for you!
Schedule a demo to see how our System can transform your organization.