Asset Tracking: Best Practices
ASAP Systems Asset Tracking System is unlike any other on the market. Administrators can configure every aspect of user access, security, and data. Daily Users can receive, move, Check-Out/In, perform maintenance, and assign assets. All Staff Members have access through a Shopping Cart like interface to request custody, schedule maintenance, and reserve items. Larger Organizations have the option to separate their multi-sites data and users, all while keeping them integrated for users with high-level access.
The Right Asset Tracking System
Asset Tracking requirements are different within each organization. User experience also differs between organizations. Often administrators can handle more complex configuration whilst day-to-day users seek ease of use, less clicks, and an intuitive interface. All users should be offered access and some control over his/her own Assets. The right system is one that provides all that and more, so choose wisely.
Asset Tracking System Key Features
The best Asset Tracking System will effectively manage workﬂow, control assets, improve productivity, and increase proﬁt.
- Check-Out / Check-In
- Barcode Based Tracking
- Maintenance Management
- Asset Depreciation
- Custom Reporting and Analytics
- Signature Capture
- Visibility Across Multiple Locations
- Emails & SMS Alerts
- Click here for the full list
Choosing The Right Asset Tracking System
- Large companies with various organizations and departments may need multiple Asset Tracking Systems, only to later need to find a way to integrate them. In this instance, an Asset Tracking Enterprise license is the best fit because it consolidates the entire system for super users, but also provides the flexibility of independent systems.
- Mid-size organizations may have fewer independent locations but still, require their Asset Tracking data and users to remain separated. For such organizations, a system with multi-sites is the best because of the cost savings associated with only purchasing one system, with the ability to handle multi-sites.
- Small organizations with only one location can benefit from the purchase of a stand-alone system.
Protect Your Investment
It is important to protect your return on investment and not be fooled by the hidden costs associated with some systems. Regardless of your industry or the items being tracked, all organizations can beneﬁt from asking the right questions to make sure they are making the right Asset Tracking investment.
- Is there a limited amount of records or number of Assets?
- Is the System modular or fully configurable?
- Is the System designed for everyone?
- Can we request a live demo?
- Is there a two weeks trial offered?
Finding the right ﬁt for your organization’s needs and budget is crucial and knowing the right questions to ask can save time and money. Look for a partner and not a vendor!
The Best Asset Tracking Features:
- Flexible and Conﬁgurable to your needs
- Scalable and will grow along with your Company
- Offers Unlimited Configurable Reports
- Enables integration with current accounting software
- Barcode and Cloud-Based